Apple’s latest Editors’ Choice in the App Store continues this educational theme, with a brain-training app called Elevate designed to help improve articulation, reading and listening focus, writing abilities, and information-processing speed.
Based on how you specify your goals, the app creates a personalized training program with various challenges to be completed by playing a series of well-designed mini-games. According to its developer, Elevate’s games are designed in collaboration with experts in neuroscience and cognitive learning.
Elevate’s features include:
- Games for critical skills like focus, processing, precision, and comprehension
- Detailed performance tracking
- Personalized daily workouts that include the skills you need most
- Adaptive difficulty progression to ensure that your experience is challenging
- Workout calendar to help track your streaks and stay motivated
While the free app gives you access to three challenges per day, unlimited games (and weekly personalized learning content) can be enjoyed by upgrading to Elevate Pro for $9.99 per month, or $59.99 per year.
We guess it depends on how important brain-training is to you!
Elevate can be downloaded from the App Store, optimized for all iOS devices running iOS 7.0 and above.