Facebook Paper is a pretty great panacea to the social network’s usually crummy iPhone apps, but unfortunately, it’s only available in the United States, leaving those overseas out-of-luck. But because Paper is a free app, you can download it pretty easily even in other countries. Here’s how.
Over at Techcrunch, they thoughtfully put together instructions on how to download Paper outside of America.
• Grab your iPhone/iPad. Open up the App Store
• Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
• Tap the button that says “Apple ID: [your email here]”
• Tap “View Apple ID”.
• Enter your password
• Find the section that keeps track of your country. Tap the “Change country or region” button.
• Change your country to United States
• When it asks for your payment info, just choose “None”. Like we said above: if you’re trying to get a paid app, you’ll need to find legit payment info tied to a US address for this part. But since Paper is free, you’re good to go.
• Hurray! You’re now on the US App Store. Go download Paper, then you can change your settings back by following the same steps again.
And this doesn’t just work for Paper, of course. Any free app can be downloaded this way, no matter what territory it is released in. Use this trick next time you want to download an app that is soft-launched in the U.S. before other territories.
- Source Techcrunch