Shazam released version 6.1 of its iOS today on the App Store. The new version comes with a special feature called ‘Pulse’ that can be used to discover new music that is trending on Shazam’s charts.
Included in the big update is a new look for the tab bar, better chart updates, improved Friends page loading, and of course some bug fixes. The new version is available on both iPhone and iPad in the App Store for free.
Here are the release notes:
New on iPhone in 6.1:
○ Shazam Pulse – Find fresh new music and preview from the trending real time charts
○ Friends – Smoother loading
○ New look tab bar:
-Settings is now located on the top left of the home screen
-When a Friend tags, they appear in the tab bar
-Chart updates are displayed in the tab bar
New on iPad in 6.1:
○ Easier to delete tags from Favorites, tap edit then select tags
○ Improved stability in Friends feed
New on iPhone and iPad in 6.1:
○ Shazam Pulse – Discover new music by sampling of what’s being tagged right now. To find it on your iPad, swipe right on the home screen. To find it on your iPhone swipe right in Discover.