The 2012 Presidential Elections are fast closing in on us, with a little over three months left before Barack Obama and Mitt Romney enter the ring and, following the protocol laid out in the constitution by our forefathers, settle the question of who will become the next American president in front of a panel of judges in a Zoolander style walk-off.
Perhaps to prepare for this upcoming challenge, Prsident Obama’s re-election campaign is launching a new iOS app.
Called Obama for America, the app features a number of tools and information for volunteers, voters and backers of the Obama campaign, including:
• Get the facts: Find out how President Obama’s policies are helping people in your community, and get the most up-to-date info about the President’s accomplishments.
• Find events: Track what’s happening near you, RSVP and invite friends, and get there on time with full map integration.
• Share breaking news: Stay in the loop with important updates, and use Facebook, Twitter, email and text messaging to spread the word to your friends.
• Take action: Sign up to volunteer, join a local team, and talk to your neighbors about why you support President Obama.
• Get out the vote: Access voting and registration rules for your state, help register friends, and make sure supporters get to the polls on Election Day.
Obama’s no stranger to iPhone apps, having used an iPhone app back in 2008 allowing iPhone users to use geolocation to find their local campaign office. Likewise, Mitt Romney has also been using the App Store to help drum up support, having launched his own campaign app back in late May that was widely ridiculed by opponents for misspelling the very name of the country he wanted to be president of, “Amercia.”Related