Some of you may already be familiar with Magic: The Gathering — Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, not just because it has the longest name the App Store has ever seen, but also because it was one of the most impressive iPad titles that was shown off at E3 earlier this month.
It’s now available to download — completely free — and it looks incredible on the new iPad’s Retina display. Whether or not you’re a fan of the Magic franchise, this is certainly a title you should check out.
For those who didn’t hear about it from E3, Magic 2013 (which is the name I will use for the rest of this post for the sake of convenience) is a tactical card game that sees you traveling across the plane of Shandalar and battling through intense encounters with the Planeswalkers.
It features both a single-player campaign, and the opportunity to compete with others online. You’ll be presented with three decks as you begin, each with 5 unlockable cards, and you’ll have four deadly opponents to tackle. Once you’re done with all that, you can pick up the premium content pack for $9.99, which will give you:
- 7 additional decks to unlock
- 250+ additional cards unlockable through play
- 18 additional Campaign levels across the planes of Ravnica, Alara, and Innistrad, plus 11 revenge matches and 3 Planechase battles.
- 10 puzzling challenges
- Online one-on-one Multiplayer play
- Two-Headed Giant and Custom game modes
- Pit yourself against the Multiverse’s ultimate evil mastermind, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas, in the single-player campaign
- Access to deck key and foil conversion in-app purchases
- Additional downloadable content as it becomes available
Magic 2013 for iPad can be downloaded from the App Store now (link below).
Source: App Store