This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Last-minute leaks indicate iPhone 14 Pro might not suffer the indignity of the “pillhole.” And that’s not the end of the revelations and guesswork prior to Apple’s Far Out event next Wednesday.
Also on The CultCast:
- Soon, all your Apple devices will talk to satellites.
- Apple Watch Pro is all about the battery life so it can keep pace with endurance athletes.
- AI-generated art is getting really good — and really creepy!
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: CultCloth
Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!
The CultCast live stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
Apple Watch Series 8 and Pro
- Expect Apple Watch Pro to sport 47mm display
- Apple Watch Pro will be for endurance sports, not extreme sports
- Apple Watch could talk to satellites in the future
iPhone 14 and 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro ultra-wide camera might surprise with its low-light performance
- iPhone 14 Pro screen cutouts might not look as expected
- Apple and Globalstar Rumored to announce satellite connectivity feature for iPhone 14 at September 7 event (MacRumors)
- T-Mobile and SpaceX want to connect your iPhone to satellites to end network dead zones
- An AI-generated artwork won first place at a state fair fine arts competition, and artists are pissed (Motherboard)
- Creepy AI-generated images of Tim Cook (Lexica)