This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: What does Apple’s star-studded September 7 event invite mean? Some of the speculation is pretty “far out,” but Erfon thinks he has the answer.
Also on The CultCast:
- The M2 MacBook Air humiliates a pricier Dell laptop.
- Shazam still works like magic (and somehow Apple didn’t screw it up).
- Zombie cinema-subscription service MoviePass is coming back from the dead!
- Don’t miss Best Buy’s killer freebie: three months of Apple TV+, for new and returning subscribers.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsor: CultCloth
Get the only cleaning cloth you need: CultCloth!
The CultCast live-stream archive
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple’s ‘far out’ event invite hints at iPhone 14 features
- M2 MacBook Air runs Windows 11 faster than pricier Dell laptop
- After 20 years, what’s the most ‘Shazamed’ song of all time?
- MoviePass to relaunch on Labor Day in beta form with pricing ranging from $10-$30 a month (Insider)
- Enjoy Apple TV+ free for 3 months from Best Buy
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away a Bucardo bundle featuring two very different Apple Watch accessories. One is a pocket watch that would look great in your zoot suit. The other is a sweat-defying sports band that lets you hit it hard at the gym or on the field.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.