This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Leaks, rumors and government filings give us an even clearer look at what Apple’s product pipeline looks like for 2022. We’re expecting big changes to the pro Mac lineups this year — including a hybrid Apple “Frankenchip” based on the M1 series.
Also on The CultCast:
- Bye-bye, 13-inch MacBook Pro!
- See you soon, new iPhone SE and iPad!
- We’ll miss you, Apple discount “loophole” for teachers and students! (Post-show update: It’s back.)
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple could scrap 13-inch MacBook Pro, bring 5G to 10.2-inch iPad in 2022
- Mac Pro with faster M1 chip to complete Apple silicon transition in 2022
- Eurasian filings reveal new iPhone and iPad coming soon
- Apple education store discounts now require proof of student status
The CultCast livestream
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
Don’t let your car, bike, motorcycle or backpack disappear into a thief’s possession. This week’s Cult of Mac giveaway can help you when disaster strikes (assuming you win, of course).
Invoxia, an award-winning designer of tracking devices, is giving three lucky winners its Cellular GPS Tracker and a one-year subscription to 4G networks that let the device work its magic.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.