This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: Even more details surface about Apple’s hardware plans for 2022. If last year was “modest” (LOL), this year looks jam-packed with major updates. We’re talking redesigned AirPods Pro, a new Apple monitor, even-more-impressive MacBook Airs and … an iPhone? You gotta be kidding us.
Also on The CultCast:
- Apple hits $3 trillion market cap, albeit briefly.
- A giveaway that features a great-looking charger from Journey.
- The most interesting products out of this year’s big CES trade show in Las Vegas.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we talk about on this week’s show:
- Redesigned AirPods Pro 2 will support high-quality lossless audio
- Gurman: iPhone 14 Models Without Notch, Redesigned MacBook Air With M2 Chip, and More to Launch in 2022 (MacRumors)
- Apple’s next desktop monitor could cost half the price of Pro Display XDR
- Apple wins race to $3 trillion market cap
- ‘Modest’ (Daring Fireball)
Watch The CultCast livestream
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
We teamed up with Journey, a maker of innovative consumer electronics, to give three lucky winners an impressively sleek 3 in 1 Wireless Charging Station. Journey’s minimalist $99 charger takes up little space and will juice up your iPhone, AirPods and Apple Watch simultaneously. If you want to simplify your life by cutting out cords and charging hassles, rush right over and throw your name in the hat.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.
Interesting new products out of CES
- See all the craziest concept cars from CES 2022
- This smart collar wants to be your dog’s Apple Watch
- Targus backpack uses Apple Find My without AirTag
- Schlage rolls out first smart lock in US to support Apple Home Key
- Samsung beats Apple to truly wireless charging over Wi-Fi waves
- Nanoleaf lights are first non-Apple Thread border routers for HomeKit