Ben Hess is a professional cinematographer — and he has the gear to prove it. He rocks an iMac Pro that’s hooked up to a 27-inch LG 5K UltraFine Monitor, giving him acres of premium screen real estate.
But the highlight of this rig is not the $5,000 computer or the $1,300 screen. It’s his $27,000 Red Gemini Camera and $5,000 lens. Hess comes to play. The Red Gemini is top-shelf, and an Atlas anamorphic lens gives him the eye of a hawk.
For keys and mouse, he uses the old reliable: Apple Magic Keyboard and Mouse. Hess is also strapped for audio. He sports a JBL 305P MkII Studio Monitor and uses a Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface to handle it.
To round it out, he employs a Lamicall Adjustable iPad Stand so he does not strain his neck. A 4TB LaCie hard drive gives him plenty of space to store his footage.
Shop these items now:
- 27-inch 2017 iMac Pro ($4,749)
- LG 27-inch 5K UltraFine Monitor ($1,297)
- Red Gemini Digital Camera Kit ($27,500)
- Atlas Anamorphic Lens ($5,000)
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB audio interface ($110)
- JBL 305P MkII Two-Way Studio Monitor (149)
- Apple Magic Keyboard ($94)
- Apple Magic Mouse ($89)
- Lamicall Adjustable Tablet Stand ($22)
- LaCie Rugged Mini 4TB external hard drive ($145)
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to [email protected]. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.
More Awesome Setups: