Front-end web developer Aral Tasher’s MacBook-powered rig is minimal but powerful. With just his laptop, a 49-inch monitor and a Thunderbolt 3 cable, he gets desktop-level performance from his humble MacBook.
To hold his MacBook, the nerve center of the setup, he uses a premium wood mount by Grovemade. This is paired with a custom-built keyboard from KBDfans, and a top-of-the-line MX Master 3 mouse from Logitech.
Tasher is also wired for sound. A pair of KRK studio monitors and LG noise-canceling headphones would make any audiophile jealous.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items. Read our reviews policy.
Shop these items now:
- LG 49WL95C-W 49-inch curved monitor ($1,800)
- Logitech MX Master 3 ($107 used)
- TOFU65 custom mechanical keyboard DIY kit with EnjoyPBT 9009 Keycaps set
- Logitech C922 Pro Stream webcam ($100)
- KRK Classic 5 studio monitors ($299)
- Sony WH1000XM3 noise-canceling headphones ($348)
- Ultimate Support JS-MS70 JamStands Series studio monitor stands ($72.50)
- Humanscale M8.1 adjustable monitor arm ($367)
- Grovemade Walnut MacBook Dock ($90)
- Grovemade Leather and Walnut Mouse Pad ($100)
Via: Aral Tasher
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to [email protected]. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.