This week on The CultCast: Apple’s September 10th has just been announced—don’t miss our hardware and software predictions! Plus: comparing Disney’s new streaming service to Apple TV Plus; Steve Jobs is spotted in Egypt; and one of Earth’s greatest Steve Jobs artifacts hits the auction block.
Our thanks to Squarespace for supporting this episode. Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain..
#403 – Our event hardware predications
On the show this week
This week’s stories
- Apple just sent out invitations to a press event to be held on Sept. 10, 10am, at Steve Jobs Theater. This is widely expected to be launch of three new iOS handsets, among them the first “iPhone Pro” models.
- The invite has an Apple logo divided up into green, blue, yellow, red and purple sections. While clearly an homage to the multi-colored logo the company used for many years, there are differences.
- Disney has showcased its upcoming streaming service, Disney+ showcasing all the new features included in their $6.99 a month plan.
- A total of 31 shows and movies are in production.
- Apple is also planning to make six small-budget, award-worthy films every year, with an eye on generating buzz for the service and nabbing some Academy Award nominations along the way.
- Rumored 9.99 price tag
- A movie poster for Toy Story featuring Steve Jobs’ signature will hit the auction block in Los Angeles on Thursday.