Samsung Galaxy S7 explodes in man’s face

By

Galaxy Note 7 that exploded while charging.
Galaxy Note 7 that exploded while charging.
Photo: Mr NiBaidu

A Canadian man says he’s lucky to still have his eyes after a Samsung Galaxy S7 exploded in his hands.

Amarjit Mann told a local news station that he felt something in his pocket getting warm while he was driving. He pulled out his Galaxy S7 and says it exploded immediately. Sparks from the blast hit him in the cheek.

“You cannot expect this thing. It was like a nightmare, Mann told the Winnepeg Sun. “Imagine if the phone was (at my ear); my whole face would’ve burnt. People need to be aware of this. It’s like a bomb you can carry.”

Another explosive controversy

Samsung is still trying to make people forget about its exploding Galaxy Note 7 problems. The company recalled all Galaxy Note 7 devices sold after numerous owners reported the device spontaneously combusts. Samsung recalled 2.8 million washing machines a few weeks later because of safety hazards.

Mann says that he was lucky to have his car window open at the time. He tried to throw the device out, but it was stuck to his hand at first.

A class-action lawsuit is already being pursued by Galaxy Note 7 owners. Mann plans to take legal action for his incident, too. Because of the severe burns, he’s not able to work as a mechanic while his hands heal.

“I never had such a bad (burn) in my life,” he says.