We’re eagerly anticipating iOS 9 next month, but Apple’s got a few more fixes to give us in iOS 8.4.1, which is likely the final mobile upgrade to iOS 8.
Apple released iOS 8.4.1 to the public this morning, bringing with it a number of performance enhancements and bug fixes, plus some nice updates for Apple Music and Beats 1.
In the release notes for iOS 8.4.1, Apple notes it resolved the following issues with Apple Music:
– Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
– Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
– Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
– Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
– Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
– Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
iPhone and iPad users can grab the new software via and over-the-air update under the Settings app. This will likely be Apple’s last version of iOS 8 before the release of iOS 9, which should coincide close the launch of the iPhone 6s. Apple’s rumored to be planning a event for September 9th to reveal its new iPhone lineup, plus some new iPad goodies as well.