Today Apple released version 10.8.5 of Mountain Lion in the Mac App Store. The update brings multiple bug fixes, including one for Mail app randomly not displaying emails.
10.8.5 has been in beta testing alongside OS X Mavericks over the summer, and today’s update will likely be one of, if not the, last Mountain Lion update before Mavericks is released later next month.
Here’s the full change log for OS X 10.8.5:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
- Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
- Improves Xsan reliability
- Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet
- Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server
- Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences
- Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0