Do you get annoyed at struggling to find symbols on iOS, or find yourself missing the Unicode library found on OS X?
If you’re the kind of person that needs to make frequent use of symbols and characters not found on QWERTY keyboards, you could a lot worse than checking out the new Simbol app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
A simple, iOS 7-optimized reference app, Simbol lets you quickly find and copy universal symbols. The app’s comprehensive symbol library includes:
- Reserved Characters: &, ‘, “”, etc.
- ISO 8859-1 Symbols: ¡, §, ¼, etc.
- ISO 8859-1 Characters: Æ, Ã, etc.
- HTML Symbols
- Math Symbols: ∑, ∫, ⊕, etc.
- Greek Symbols: Ψ, θ, etc.
- Other Entities: ‰, ™, œ, etc.
- Special Symbols
- ⌘, ↩, ⌥, etc.
The free app also give you access to an equation editor, which lets you copy multiple symbols which are then added to the editor in order — as well as using the keyboard.Related