First announced last week, Chair Entertainment’s incredible hack-and-slash game Infinity Blade III has received a massive update today, adding 3 new quests, 9 new enemies, new modes, skills, goals, potions, gems, and more to an already feature-packed game.
Called the ‘Ausar Rising’ update, the new version of Infinity Blade III follows the series’ protagonist, Siris, as he confronts his malevolent past and destroys his dark doppelganger.
As part of this adventure, you will be able to return to the God King’s Dark Citadel, the castle from the first game, as well as explore other new environments, battle a second dragon, and earn the final Infinity weapon, the Infinity Edge.
But that’s not all! There’s also a new mode called Deathless Mode, which sounds like it plays a lot like Dark Souls, allowing you to try to make it as far as you can in Infinity Blade IIIwithout losing a battle. Die, and you can get all of your stuff back, just as long as you can reach your corpse without dying again.
Here’s the full changelog:
– Play through 3 new quests: Siris and Isa come face to face with the ultimate embodiment of evil – a soulless Ausar the Vile!
– Travel to where it all began – the Dark Citadel (the original Infinity Blade I castle), Siris’ home in Drem’s Maw, and the legendary Plains of Koroth.
– Battle 9 new enemies, including a ferocious new Dragon.
– New Mode: THE ARENA – How long can you survive in the Arena? Do you claim your prize now, or risk it for ever increasing rewards?
– New Hardcore Mode: DEATHLESS QUESTS – The ultimate way for the ultimate Infinity Blade gamer to play the game!
– Trade tips and secrets with your friends via the all-new in-game chat feature.
– Over 60 new items for both Isa and Siris, including weapons, shields, helmets, magic rings, and armor to collect, master, and sell.
– Unlock 8 new Skills: Remove equipped Gems for free, double Chips earned in Battle Challenges, cast super boosted Magic, and more!
– New Goals, Potions, and Gems.
– New Holiday Helmets for Isa and Siris.
– Fully compatible with iOS 6 and iOS 7.
– A number of additional balancing tweaks, bug fixes, and gameplay enhancements.
– Optimized for the new iPad Air, iPad Mini with Retina display, and iPhone 5s: featuring full screen anti-aliasing, bloom, full screen vignettes, distortion, high resolution shadows, and environmental reflections.
– Recommended: Update device to the latest iOS version, and restart device before playing.
If you have Infinity Blade III, the update is free; otherwise, you will have to pay $6.99.
- Source Apple