If you took the plunge and jailbroke your iPhone yesterday, you may have noticed that the Weather app in iOS doesn’t really work anymore. Like, at all. When you try to open the app on iPhone it just crashes, and then crashes some more.
Evad3rs figured out that the jailbreak screws up some files like com.apple.mobile.installation.plist. It’s not a big deal, and every jailbreak has its little quirks, but if you can’t wait for evad3rs to push their fix to Cydia you can fix the problem on your own manually.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Cydia and install Open SSH and MobileTerminal
2. Load MobileTerminal and type “su root” (no quotes). Then hit enter.
3. Enter your password. It’s probably “alpine” if you haven’t changed it yet.
4. Copy and paste the following script into MobileTerminal
chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore ];
chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
5. Wait for your iPhone to reboot.
6. Have fun, you’re done.
For info on how to jailbreak your iPhone the right way, check out our video.
- Source Funky Space Monkey