Alongside the release of iTunes 11, Apple has also updated the iOS Remote app that can be use on an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad to control iTunes.
Remote is simpler and easier with new ways to browse your library and see and edit upcoming songs with Up Next. A redesigned experience for the iPad shows all the songs in an album with the Expanded view and a more powerful search delivers results as you type.
Remote version 3.0 comes with a sleeker design that is similar to the experience offered in iTunes 11. You can download the new update for free right here.
• Control iTunes and Apple TV from anywhere in your home
• A simplified look with new ways to browse your library
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• See all songs in an album with Expanded view on an iPad
• Add new songs to hear them next and then automatically continue where you left off
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Pause, rewind, fast-forward, shuffle, and adjust the volume from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Control the volume on each speaker independently
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and the new Apple TV
- Source iTunes