When a frail Steve Jobs announced it was time he leave Apple for good, it seemed an impossible task for anyone to fill his role as leader and CEO of one of the world’s best tech companies. But someone needed to take the reins, and so on our newest CultCast, we take a look into the first full year of Tim Cook as CEO, and ponder how the soft-spoken operations genius has imprinted Apple with his own unique DNA, and lead the company to heights many thought a post-Jobs Apple could never reach.
And then, with the iPhone 5 right around the corner, we’ll tell you the best ways to sell or trade-in your 4 or 4S to fund your exciting new iPurchase. Your old iPhone’s worth more than you think!
Ask Us Questions Or Suggest Show Topics On Our New Facebook Page.
Leave us your comments, topics, or suggestions — we always try to include them in the show. Facebook.com/TheCultCast.
This episode of The CultCast is brought to you by the good people at DigiDNA, makers of DiskAid 5 – the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Transfer tool for PC and Mac. DiskAid is the simple way to transfer any file, photo, song, even voicemail message or call log, from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod right to your Mac (or PC!). Download it today and save 30% with code THECULTCAST at checkout.
CultCast #28 – No FaceTime For You!
On The CultCast this week
- Alex Heath – Cult of Mac writer
- Leander Kahney – Cult of Mac Editor-in-Chief
- Erfon Elijah – Cult of Mac writer and host of The CultCast
Our stories this week
- Microsoft Announces New Logo, The Last Update Was 25 Years Ago
- Official iOS Facebook App Gets Updated, Rebuilt From The Ground Up To Be Twice As Fast
- Apple Just Released OS X 10.8.1 For Your Downloading Pleasure
- AT&T: Because FaceTime Is Built Into Your iPhone, We Can Block It And There’s Nothing You Can Do About It
- AT&T’s App-Blocking Defense Is Weak and Anti-Consumer (Wired)
- Apple Becomes The Most Valuable Public Company Of All-Time
- The iPhone Makes More Money Than Every Microsoft Product Put Together
- Tim Cook’s First Year (No link)
- U.S. Retailers See 27-Inch iMac Shortage Ahead Of September Apple Event
- Apple Prepping Its Resellers For September 12th iPad Mini Announcement [Rumor]
- Verizon Blackout Confirms iPhone 5 Will Launch On September 21st
- Here’s How To Sell Your Used iPhone Right Now But Keep It Till The iPhone 5 Is Released