There’s no way to be nice about it: Microsoft is not cool. Their products aren’t cool (sans Xbox!). Their logo isn’t cool. And then there’s their dancing, prancing, screaming, bear of a man slash CEO: Steve Ballmer. And on our brand new CultCast, we have to ask: could Microsoft bring their sexy back with a CEO who isn’t the official jester of the tech community?
And then, don’t miss our discussion on how one simple hardware upgrade can transform your aged Macbook Pro into an unholy speed demon! That’s right, you don’t need a Retina Macbook, just $200 and ten minutes can bring you a renewed computing power that would make even Tim Cook’s glasses start to fog!
Full show notes coming up next!
This episode of The CultCast is brought to you by the good people at DigiDNA, makers of DiskAid 5 – the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Transfer tool for PC and Mac. DiskAid is the simple way to transfer any file, photo, song, even voicemail message or call log, from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod right to your Mac (or PC!). Download it today and save 30% at checkout with code CULTCAST at checkout.
CultCast #22 – SSD’s Are Sure To Please
On The CultCast this week
- Alex Heath – Cult of Mac writer
- Buster Heine – Cult of Mac writer and community manager
- Chris Foresman – writer at Ars Technica
- Erfon Elijah – Cult of Mac writer and host of The CultCast
Our stories this week
- How One Man’s Hand Sweat Almost Killed His Macbook Pro (no link, you’ll have to listen!)
- Apple’s iPad Smart Case Is An Abomination (no link, you’ll have to listen!)
- How To Get Your Messages Beta For Mac Working Again (no link, you’ll have to listen!)
- Twitter For iPhone Updated With Expandable Tweets, Better Notifications, New Icon
- The Future Of Third-Party Twitter Apps Doesn’t Look Very Promising
- Our Favorite Twitter Clients (no link, you’ll have to listen!)
- Why I (Erfon) upgraded To SSD Instead Of Getting A New Retina Macbook Pro (no link, you’ll have to listen!)
- Moving From A Hard Drive To An SSD, Erfon’s Experience (no link, you’ll have to listen!)
- Microsoft: Screw Apple’s Post-PC Era, It’s Time For The PC+ [Agony Of Ballmer]
- Say Goodbye To The Nano Watch: Apple To Release Radically New iPod Nano Design [Rumor]
- Apple Could Announce New iPhone, New iPad & New Apple TV At ‘Crowded’ Event This Fall [Report]