Apple offers a $199 Travel Case as an accessory for its new Vision Pro spatial computing headset, but Waterfield Designs just came out with a much smaller and more portable one — the Vision Pro Shield Case.
The first production run of WaterField’s cool new case is already sold out, but you can order it now and it will ship on February 29, the company said.
WaterField Designs Vision Pro Shield Case
WaterField Designs’ new Vision Pro Shield Case distinghishes itself from Apple’s poofy-looking Vision Pro Travel Case through its smaller size and more-efficient organization. The company said it’s half the size of Apple’s, though it appears a trifle larger than that in photos.
At any rate, it’s small enough to stow it in a bigger bag, the company said. You can easily bring your headset and accessories — everything that would fit in Apple’s case — anywhere with WaterField’s case.
The case protects your headset and other gear with a cushy interior with light foam and a ballistic nylon exterior (with vegan leather on some versions). Inside, a custom fitted pouch holds accessories and helps stabilize the headset wrapped around it. Outside, a zippered pocket holds more items.
Watch WaterField Designs’ video for its Vision Pro case:
Shield Case features:
The company lists the the Vision Pro case’s features this way:
• Compact and custom-fitted, the case protects the Vision Pro headset (with the front cover on and the head strap removed) and all out-of-the-box accessories in transit.
• A cushioned, structured accessory pouch fits into the curve of the headset keeping it lodged in place and protecting the rear of the headset with its padding.
• The accessory pouch includes two Ultrasuede Ziess lens pockets and space to hold the USB-C 30-watt charging adapter, charging cord, either or both head straps, and polishing cloth.
• Closed-cell foam on all sides disperses external forces and resists compression.
• All-around scratch-free fleece lining adds another layer of protection.
• A waterproof YKK zipper opens around three sides with dual custom zipper pulls.
• A cushioned zipper guard creates a protective barrier between the zipper and case contents.
• A padded, zippered front pocket stows additional cords or an extra battery and includes a hidden AirTag pocket.
• A top nylon loop facilitates a quick grab, and ½-inch D-rings can attach to an optional strap.
• Rugged ballistic nylon, waxed canvas, or Forza high-performance textiles (vegan-friendly) form the shell of the case, and users can opt for a front panel in sumptuous, full-grain leather.
Design/color choices and prices:
- Canvas and chocolate leather – $179
- Ballistic nylon and chocolate leather – $179
- Ballistic nylon and white leather – $179
- Ballistic nylon and black leather – $179
- Black ballistic nylon – $159
- All-Forza textile blue – $159
Where to order: WaterField Designs