Sabrent’s new portable Rocket Nano XTRM External SSD features blazing-fast data-transfer speeds via Thunderbolt 3, the company said Thursday.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nano XTRM SSD
Rocket Nano XTRM, a 1TB solid-state drive, achieves data-transfer speeds of up to 2,700MBps through its Thunderbolt 3 mode and 900MBps through a USB 3.2 connection, Sabrent said.
The hot little drive works with macOS and Windows through provided USB-C-to-USB-A and Thunderbolt cables. It also connects to other Thunderbolt and USB-based devices.
The SSD’s durable aluminum casing is protective, yet the device weighs only a touch over 2 ounces and has svelte dimensions of 2.7 inches x 1.1 inches x 0.5 inches (LxWxH).
Vents on the side of the drive provide heat dissipation when running at high speeds. And Sabrent includes a silicone sleeve to help protect the case against drops.
Rocket Nano XTRM features:
- Automatically detects USB or ThunderboltTM 3 (40Gbps) connections.
- ThunderboltTM 3 mode has transfer speeds of up to 2,700 MBps.
- USB mode has transfer speeds of up to 900 MBps (USB 3.2 Gen 2×1) and is backward-compatible.
- Solid aluminum construction for durability and maximum heat dissipation.
- Integrated temperature and health monitoring system with SMART support and activity LED.
- Plug and play (no drivers required) and bus-powered.
- Silicone sleeve protects from drops and for use in harsh environments.
You can nab a 1TB Sabrent Nano XTRM External SSD at a discount for
$199.99 $169.99 at Sabrent.com or Amazon for the full $199.99.
Where to buy: Amazon