The new Røde Wireless ME Compact Wireless Microphone System, with clip-on transmitter and receiver, tries to make pro-level audio recording effortless — not to mention inexpensive.
With the new release, content creators who want to hit the ground running with quality audio have another option.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Røde Wireless ME Compact Wireless Microphone System
The company said the new Røde Wireless ME’s transmitter and receiver both feature a built-in, broadcast-grade microphone. That helps with a “wide range of applications, from recording a TikTok to reporting on camera,” the company said.
Here’s more of Røde’s description of the new mic system’s simple operation and features:
Intelligent GainAssist technology ensures you can capture crystal-clear audio every time you record, and thanks to its intuitive controls and easy setup, the Wireless ME is super simple to operate. It also boasts incredibly stable wireless connectivity with an extended range of over 100 metres (line of sight), allowing you to capture audio from a distance without any dropouts.
That stable wireless connectivity comes from “ultra-stable Series IV 2.4GHz transmission” with 128-bit encryption, the company said.
Grab-and-go wireless audio
Its small size makes the Wireless ME idea to use with compact cameras and smartphones, especially when paired with the new Røde Capture video app, which features a dual-camera mode.
The system comes with a selection of cables (USB-C to Lightning cable, USB-C to USB-C, TRS to TRS, TRS to TRRS).
App access delayed from original launch
The new mic system works with apps that Røde let Cult of Mac know are slightly delayed in terms of availability by the App Store approval process, so the mic’s “official launch” is pushed back a few days.
The mic system is meant to work with Røde video and audio apps called Capture, Connect and Reporter.
- Ultra-compact and easy-to-use wireless microphone system
- Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission for clear recording with over 100m range
- High-quality microphones built into both the transmitter and receiver
- Intelligent GainAssist technology automatically controls audio levels for clear sound in any application
- Works seamlessly with cameras, computers, and iPhones or Android smartphones
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery – up to 7 hours battery life
- Compatible with Røde video and audio apps, including Capture, Connect and Reporter (currently in the App Store approval process).
- Can connect an additional transmitter to capture three microphones simultaneously.
Røde Wireless ME is new on Amazon at a price of $149.
Where to buy: Amazon
We updated this post with information about Røde apps currently in the App Store approval process.