This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: That old rumor about a HomePod with a built-in display for FaceTime calls and smart-home wizardry resurfaces. But this time, some fresh details make Erfon even more cranked up than usual about Apple’s smart speaker.
Also on The CultCast:
- It sounds like Tim Cook pulled a power move on Apple’s design team to make sure the company foists an expensive AR/VR headset on the masses sooner rather than later. Who’s excited? Show of hands?!?
- Apple TV+ racks up another Oscar, and Erfon is almost intrigued enough to resubscribe. (Especially if his “get three months free” trick works again.)
- The baton’s about to wave on Apple Music Classical. We’re all quivering with excitement!
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video live stream, embedded below.
Our sponsors: Kolide and Squarespace
- Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It’s Zero Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today at Kolide.com/cultcast.
- Squarespace gives you all the tools you need to set up your very own website and commence selling anything online. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
The CultCast live stream archive
Watch the live stream on YouTube.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Apple working on a HomePod with 7-inch display for 2024
- Tim Cook approves AR headset’s 2023 launch despite opposition from Apple design team
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse wins Oscar for Apple TV+
- The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse is a perfect gift for the holidays [Apple TV+ review]
- Apple Music Classical finally makes its debut performance
- Report: Apple to ‘re-examine’ AI development (MacRumors)
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away two EasieSelfie selfie sticks from SwitchEasy. Our reviewer called it “a fantastically clever combination of three products — a selfie stick, a portable tripod and a camera remote.”