This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: We’ve got a date for WWDC22! Now, the only question is, what tricks will Apple pull out of its virtual hat this year?
Also on The CultCast:
- Is Apple’s M1 Ultra chip ultra-disappointing? The first speed tests look underwhelming.
- The latest on Apple’s quest to develop a folding iPhone.
- Ukrainians use Find My to locate thieving Russian troops.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
Special thanks to this week’s CultCast sponsors:
- The new Jamf Fundamentals plan gives small-to-midsize businesses the tools they need to easily manage all their Apple devices. CultCast fans can manage three devices free! Sign up at jamf.com/beyond.
- Squarespace gives you all the tools you need to set up your very own website and start selling anything. Start your free website trial today at squarespace.com/cultcast (no credit card required). Save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain with code cultcast at checkout.
This week’s top Apple news
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- WWDC22 starts June 6, will be ‘online-only’ (with a twist)
- Mac Studio (M1 Ultra) vs 16″ MacBook Pro (M1 Max) – Speed Test! (ZoneofTech on YouTube)
- Apple teams up with LG to build foldable iPad and MacBook devices
- Apple ‘actively testing’ 9-inch foldable, but don’t expect foldable iPhone before 2025
- Ukrainians use ‘Find My’ to track Russian troops who stole devices
The CultCast livestream
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away five Lululook bundles to five lucky winners. Each bundle features one Urban iPad Magnetic Stand (which we absolutely loved when we reviewed it) and one 33-watt GaN USB-C charger.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you three to five of the top news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.