This week on Cult of Mac’s podcast: We can’t stop speculating about what new Apple gear we’ll see at Tuesday’s big “Peek Performance” event. Best bets are iPhone SE, iPad Air and … some kind of Mac?
Also on The CultCast:
- Will this really be a big year for Apple Watch?
- Apple punishes Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
- Social media gets gory during wartime.
Listen to this week’s episode of The CultCast in the Podcasts app or your favorite podcast app. (Be sure to subscribe and leave us a review if you like it!) Or watch the video livestream, embedded below.
This week’s top Apple news
Special thanks to this week’s sponsor: Squarespace.
Here are the headlines we’re talking about on this week’s show:
- Experience ‘peek performance’ at Apple spring 2022 event set for March 8
- What to expect at Apple’s March 8 event: New iPhone, iPad and Mac [Updated]
- Apple Watch Series 8 could bring ‘major’ activity tracking upgrades
Ukraine war headlines
- Apple puts its own embargo on Russia (and you can help Ukraine, too)
- Crimea is again part of Ukraine on Apple Maps
- Tim Cook tells employees Apple will match donations to help Ukraine
- The gory online campaign Ukraine hopes will sow anti-Putin dissent probably violates the Geneva Conventions (Washington Post)
- Ukrainian “Look for Your Own” website
The CultCast livestream
Weekly Cult of Mac giveaway
This week, Cult of Mac is giving away 10 — count ’em, 10! — powerful GaN fast chargers from award-winning company Ugreen. With three USB-C ports, a USB-A port and 100 watts of power, they let you charge multiple devices at once. They’re perfect for travel, too, because they’re so small and pack such a punch.
To enter, just sign up for the Cult of Mac Today newsletter from our giveaway page. Cult of Mac Today is our free daily newsletter that gives you the top Apple news stories of the day. You can get additional entries through the giveaway widget by visiting our Facebook and Twitter pages, etc.