Not a good time to send that important message to a colleague? Slack lets you schedule messages to send later on desktop and mobile. You simply choose the date and time, and Slack takes care of the rest.
Here’s how to use the feature on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
Slack ships with a number of measures that prevent you from inadvertently bothering colleagues at inconvenient times. One of those is its scheduling feature, which lets you compose messages that don’t send right away.
The tool helps you plan around things like important meetings or personal events, and it couldn’t be easier to use. We’ll show you how.
How to schedule messages in Slack
To schedule a Slack message on iPhone and iPad, follow these steps:
- Tap the compose button to start a new message, or open an existing conversation where you want your message to be sent.
- Type out your message.
- Tap and hold the send button to open the schedule feature.
- Choose a date and time to send your message, or select custom time for more options. Tap Schedule Message.
To schedule a message on Mac, follow these steps:
- Click the compose button to start a new message, or open an existing conversation where you want your message to be sent.
- Type out for message.
- Click the arrow next to the send button.
- Choose a date and time to send your message, or click Custom time for more options. Click Schedule Message.
To view all your scheduled messages on iPhone, iPad or Mac, simply select the Scheduled channel in Slack’s sidebar. From here, you can reschedule messages, edit them before they’re sent, and cancel or delete them.