Accessories brand MOFT and software startup Popl have released the new MOFT x Popl Tap-to-Connect Stand & Grip. It’s a small smartphone stand that uses software to let you share information easily.
Essentially, the orb-shaped MOFT O Phone Stand & Grip now pairs with Popl’s built-in NFC technology connected to its iOS and Android apps. The stand lets you work hands-free in various ways and the NFC tech lets you share information by tapping compatible phones together.
The MOFT O “transforms from a slim multi-disc design object to a sturdy three-dimensional phone stand and grip,” according to the company. It also acts as a kickstand at a vertical 90-degree angle, making it useful for hands-free video chats and live streaming.
MOFT x Popl: Share info with anyone
Added to the MOFT stand, Popl’s NFC technology enables a modern and simple way for people to share contact information, social media, music, payment platforms and online profiles. They just have to by tap their phone against a compatible smartphone.
The companies list the following features for the MOFT x Popl.
- Snap-rotate-stand. The stand snaps on, rotates 360 degrees and flips into a position that offers multiple hands-free viewing angles.
- Instant contact sharing. Popl’s built-in NFC technology allows people to instantly share almost anything. That includes contact cards and information from websites, Instagram, Linkedin, TikTok, Spotify, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Venmo, LinkedIn, WhatsApp and more.
- Share with anyone. The receiver does not need a Popl or the app for the transfer of information to work.
- 90-degree content creation. Acts as a kickstand at a vertical 90-degree angle, subbing in for a tripod stabilizer, making it ideal for video chats and live streaming.
- No-slip grip. The stand doubles as a phone grip for single-handed dexterity while the slim profile of the circular design conforms to the palm when flat.
- Works on all phones. The stand is MagSafe-compatible and mounts securely to the iPhone 12 series or to any phone via the MOFT Snap Phone Sticker. It’s a soft silicone pad “with magnetic-like properties,” the company said. It adheres safely to the back of devices or non-rubberized cases via a reusable non-glue adhesive backing.
- High-quality materials. Premium vegan leather gives it a soft, smooth finish. Sturdy fiberglass materials offer extra support for everyday use.
- Slim and light. At 0.24 inches in diameter and less than an ounce in weight, it fits subtly on the back of a phone.
- Mounts on walls and other surfaces with the MOFT Magnetic Wall Sticker.
Where to buy: MOFT