This post is brought to you by Wondershare, maker of Filmora video-editing software for Mac and PC.
If you’re looking for an easy way to take your videos to the next level without skimping on features, you can find it in Wondershare Filmora X.
The popular app enables you to make complex, visually rich videos like a pro — but without the learning curve. It simplifies advanced features to make them accessible to everyone. With Wondershare Filmora, you can quickly start shooting vids and sharing them, even if you’re new to video editing.
Advanced video editing
Wondershare Filmora offers all the basic video-editing features you might expect, like cutting, merging, cropping and rotating video footage. But it also comes with more than 800 built-in video effects that can make your videos stand out.
For example, you can drag and drop a wide variety of filters onto your video, lending a cinematic feel to project. Choose the 70s filter to give your video a subtle vintage vibe. Or, if you want to make things psychedelic, add the Kaleidoscope, Chromatic Aberration or Radio Explike FX filter.
With 160 filters available — all easily applied to your clip, and easily previewed — you can get as creative as you like. It’s like using an Instagram filter on your video.
Creative video transitions and titles
But that’s just the start. You also can drag and drop creative transitions into your editing timeline, adding interesting flow to your project. As with filters, these transitions range from understated to wildly experimental.
When you need to add a title, you can choose from nearly 300 preformatted styles. Once again, your options range from buttoned-down titles ready for business to colorful blasts ready for social media.
More fun options
If you really want to get crazy, you can add motion elements like fireballs or electrical sparks, or utilize a variety of creative split-screen templates. Long story short, Wondershare Filmora offers enough easy-to-use advanced options, from motion tracking to green screen, that your video project will be limited only by your imagination.
Wondershare Filmora features just for Mac users
Certain features make Wondershare Filmora an ideal video-editing app for Mac users, including:
- Apply the Auto Reframe feature to intelligently detect a focal point and crop videos for different aspect ratios.
- Directly import videos and photos from your Photos library, iPhone, GoPro, camcorder or other devices.
- Provides HEVC (H.265) codec support for the Instant Cutter Tool, Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro users, and custom shortcuts to improve editing efficiency.
The app also provides HEVC (H.265) codec support for the Instant Cutter Tool, Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro users, and custom shortcuts to improve editing efficiency.
Features for both macOS and Windows
Naturally, many of Wondershare Filmora’s features work equally well in both macOS and Windows operating systems.
Here’s a quick list of new features in Wondershare Filmora X:
- Motion tracking: This long-anticipated feature lets you quickly identify a moving object in your video and easily add an element that follows it around. Say, for instance, your video consists of gameplay captured during a multiplayer brawl. You can identify your main character, add a name or title, and the words will follow your character around the screen.
- Keyframing: This powerful tool lets you manipulate the images in your video to create seamless “movements.” That can take the form of zooming in on a person in the frame for dramatic effect. Or adding smooth animation to words on the screen. If you’re not familiar with the concept, it can seem a little hard to visualize, but Wondershare’s video gives you a good overview of how you can use keyframes to change position, rotation, scale and opacity of images in a snippet of video.
- Split screen: Flex your creativity with split-screen video effects. As mentioned, Wondershare Filmora comes with tons of split-screen templates. You can use them for standard shots, like having three different people talking during a live podcast. Or you can get creative with split screens, using them for compelling storytelling or simply for funny effect.
- AI portrait: The advanced video editor’s integrated artificial intelligence technology can automatically remove backgrounds in portrait videos. Without using green screen or chroma key effects, the exclusive feature in Filmora can instantly remove the background, highlighting the front object. The feature is expected to be extremely beneficial for gamers, educators and online content creators for editing portrait videos.
- AR stickers: To provide a unique video editing experience, Filmora also includes a wide range of 40 face stickers (including animals, accessories and popular characters). Once the sticker has been added to the timeline, it will automatically detect the human face and add its effects.
- Newly added stock media option: Filmora also built in a stock media option, letting users access thousands of pictures and clips from the native interface. Users can search, download and import media files directly from numerous stock sources like Pixabay, Giphy and Unsplash. This will let users spark their creativity and save time in editing
Whether you need to make a professional business video, or want to start crushing social media, Wondershare Filmora’s extensive tool set will make advanced video editing easy and fun. The software packs a ton of features into a very straightforward interface. Filmora is definitely easy to use. And the company’s brief instructional videos offer a fun way to pick up Hollywood-style tricks.
Compatible operating systems for Mac and PC
On Macs, Wondershare Filmora works on macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra). It’s compatible with the latest Macs powered by Apple’s M1 chip.
On PCs, you can use Wondershare Filmora with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (64-bit OS).
Wondershare Filmora is free to try
Wondershare Filmora offers a free trial, so you can sample it’s simple-to-use tools before you commit. (Note that the trial version places a watermark over your exported videos.) The app also offers in-app purchase options. When you’re ready to buy, you can choose between yearly and lifetime subscription plans.
Price: Free trial; $51.99 per year or $79.99 for a lifetime license (for macOS and Windows)
Where to buy: Mac App Store