This week on The CultCast: Don’t miss our one-week reviews of Apple Watch Series 6! We’ll tell you if it’s worth upgrading. Plus: Multiple sources are now confirming a second Apple hardware event coming October 13, where a new “iPhone 12 mini” may be announced — we’ll tell you what we know. And stick around for more Apple stock talk! Erfon reveals what his big investment is worth now, following this month’s depressing AAPL stock plummet, and we’re talking real numbers.
Our thanks to Squarespace for supporting this episode. Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
The CultCast: Episode No. 459
Apple Watch Series 6 – our one week review!
On the show this week: @erfon / @lkahney / @lewiswallace
This week’s Apple news
Apple Watch Series 6: Color us impressed [Review]
- Almost all the reviews of the Apple Watch Series 6 say the same thing: Yeah, it’s great, but it’s an incremental upgrade, and if you already have a Series 5, skip the upgrade.
Multiple sources point to iPhone 12 event on October 13
- The iPhone 12 will debut at a special event on October 13, multiple sources claimed Wednesday. The release date reportedly will come shortly thereafter.
Apple’s smallest iPhone 12 could be called ‘iPhone 12 mini’
- For the first time ever, Apple will adopt its “mini” branding for the iPhone, claims Apple leaker L0vetodream. According to the tipster, Apple will use the name “iPhone 12 mini” for the smallest of four models coming this year.
iPhone Home screen modders go crazy with iOS 14
- Ever wanted to make your brand-new iPhone look like it’s running Windows 95? That’s the outrageously novel idea that sprang into the mind of Ashley, an 18-year-old from Indiana who wants to work as a graphic designer, after she upgraded to iOS 14 last week. Plus, here’s how to customize your iPhone Home screen as well as a gallery of our favorite Home screen mods (so far).
Apple has lost more than $500 billion in market cap so far this month
- It’s been a rough few weeks for AAPL.