Jake Weisler is a professional wedding photographer and a content creator for Full Time Filmmaker, which produces crash courses about filmmaking. So having lots of storage — a whopping 56 terabytes — is key to his success.
At the center of this setup is the incredible 27-inch iMac Pro. Weisler uses a Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard with the additional Numeric Keypad. He also sports an Azio Retro Classic Mouse, which actually has a leather topping for some genuine comfort. As an editor, he needs both a trackpad and a mouse because he uses them simultaneously to scroll, click and swipe.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Whole lotta hard drives in this iMac Pro setup
For data management, Weisler goes to the big boys. A 20TB G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3 sits at the center of his hard drive storage system. An additional 24TB G-Speed Shuttle Thunderbolt 3 is great for multistream 4K and 8K workflows. He also uses a Western Digital 2TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive, a Seagate 8TB External Hard Drive and a SanDisk 2TB Extreme Portable External Hard Drive. That totals 56 terabytes of storage — or $4,350 worth of equipment, depending on how you choose to look at it.
A pair of Audioengine A2+ speakers give him great sound while costing less than most noise-canceling headphones. His microphone — a Rode Complete Studio Kit — is made for pros.
The Anker 7-Port Data Hub gets him synced up in nanoseconds. The Nomad Charging Stand is a beast of a machine that eliminates any hot spots or dead zones.
Finally, Wiesler turns to Grovemade to hold things together. The company built a stellar reputation as the best in the accessories market. While expensive, Grovemade’s products scream high quality and are built to last. Wiesler uses a Grovemade Maple Monitor Stand and $140 Wool Felt Desk Pad, which he says is his favorite part of the entire setup.
Shop these items now:
- 27-inch iMac Pro ($4,749)
- Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad ($149)
- Apple Magic Trackpad 2 ($124)
- Azio Retro Classic Mouse ($100)
- Audioengine A2+ 60-watt powered desktop speakers ($269)
- G-RAID with Thunderbolt 2 ($990)
- G-Speed Shuttle Thunderbolt 3 ($2,875)
- Seagate 8TB external hard drive ($145)
- Western Digital 2TB My Passport portable external hard drive ($129)
- SanDisk 2TB Extreme portable external SSD ($300)
- Nomad Wireless Charging Stand ($71)
- Anker 10 Port 60-watt Data Hub ($43)
- Grovemade Maple Monitor Stand ($120)
- Grovemade Wool Felt Desk Pad ($140)
- Rode Complete Studio Kit ($349)
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.