Jody Whitesides is a television and film composer so naturally his setup is audio-focused. Even with all the high-tech audio gear, it is hard to out-stage his epic 34-inch ultra-wide monitor.
He rocks both the Apple Magic Trackpad and a Logitech mouse. He has both because some tasks are easier to edit using a mouse and others with a trackpad, so it gives him the best of both worlds. The keyboard — a Komplete Kontrol Controller — gives him an additional 88 keys right above his Apple Magic Keyboard.
To handle all of his audio, Whitesides uses a PreSonas monitoring station to easily switch audio outputs. And the Apollo 8 Recording Interface gives him the power to handle all of this gear at once.
For the actual audio itself, he has a pair of KRK V4 Series Speakers to accompany a pair of Genelec 8020D Studio Speakers.
Driving all this is a 2013 “trashcan” Mac Pro, out of shot.
This post contains affiliate links. Cult of Mac may earn a commission when you use our links to buy items.
Shop these items now:
- Samsung C34H890WJN 34-inch Ultrawide Curved Monitor ($790)
- 2013 Mac Pro ($3,000)
- Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse
- PreSonas V2 Desktop Monitor System ($330)
- Apollo 8 QUAD from Universal Audio ($2,100)
- Apple Magic Keyboard ($94)
- KRK V8 Series 4 Studio Reference Monitor ($800)
- Genelec 8020D Studio Monitor ($535)
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 88-key Controller ($535)
Via: Submitted to Cult of Mac personally by Whitesides.
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to email@example.com. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.