An epic screen is the hallmark of any great setup, and Gary Dee’s video-editing suite is certainly no exception. Dee, a cinematographer and drone pilot, previously used two monitors, but he decided to declutter his desk and replace them with an UltraWide 34-incher from LG Electronics. The massive monitor still leaves him with plenty of screen real estate.
In terms of audio, a pair of Bose speakers give him banging sound. And he uses a high-quality Røde microphone. To complement his minimalist desk, he uses a Rain Design mStand to hold his MacBook.
Shop these items now:
- LG Electronics 34UM88-P 34-inch UltraWide monitor ($767)
- Bose Companion 20 Speaker System — Companion 5 series is shown but they are no longer sold ($249)
- Røde NT-USB Mini USB microphone ($99)
- AmazonBasics Premium Single Monitor Stand ($116)
- Rain Design mStand laptop stand ($40)
If you would like to see your setup featured on Cult of Mac, send some high-res pictures to [email protected]. Please provide a detailed list of your equipment. Tell us what you like or dislike about your setup, and fill us in on any special touches or challenges.