This week on The CultCast: Apple is prepping iPhone SE 2, but trouble in China could mean massive production delays across the entire tech industry. Plus: macOS leaks hint at big CPU upgrades on the way; and a celebrity calls out the MacBook’s troubled keyboards.
Our thanks to Squarespace for supporting this episode. Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast, and use offer code CultCast at checkout for 10% off your first purchase.
#427 – iPhone SE 2: The low-cost powerhouse!
On the show this week
This week’s stories
- Apple is ramping up production on the new iPhone SE 2, a report published by Fast Company over the weekend claims.
- Key iPhone manufacturer Foxconn continues to feel the effects of the deadly coronavirus outbreak in China. The company recently reopened its factory in the eastern central Chinese city of Zhengzhou, but fewer than 10% of its workforce returned to work, according to Reuters.
- Could Apple be preparing to make a surprise switch to AMD processors in a future Mac? References to a number of new AMD APUs have been spotted in the latest macOS 10.15.4 beta, which rolled out to developers Wednesday.
- Apple’s educational coding app, Swift Playgrounds, finally makes its way to the Mac.
- Actors love to have some political message to impart to viewers at award shows. At last night’s Oscars, Taika Waititi, winner of the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for Jojo Rabbit, voiced his own passionate plea — for Apple to change its MacBook keyboards.