This week on The CultCast: Apple is working on a way to make your existing MacBook Pro far more powerful — we’ll tell you everything we know. Plus: Get your wallet ready … the updated 13-inch MacBook Pro you’ve been waiting for is (probably) right around the corner. And we’ll tell you why Apple might soon be forced to ditch Lightning in iPhones and iPads.
And stick around for our spoiler-free review of the full first season of See!
Out thanks to Squarespace for supporting this episode. Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast, and use offer code CultCast at checkout for 10% off your first purchase.
#423 – MacBook Pro is about to get PRO-ER
On the show this week
This week’s stories
- Apple is working on a new software feature for macOS that can crank Macs’ processing powers into overdrive.
- Apple has filed for approval of a new MacBook ahead of its official debut. A listing in the Eurasian Economic Commission database reveals a model number of “A2289.” Its description confirms it is a portable Mac.
- The European Parliament will soon vote on whether to require all phones, tablets and other mobile devices to use a single type of charger. If passed, this could force Apple to abandon its proprietary Lightning port in future iPhones.
- Apple could be headed for another collision course with federal law enforcement, similar to the spat it had with the FBI over creating backdoors into iOS.
- Jason Momoa was the big star of the first season of See on Apple TV+, but he’s reportedly being joined by Dave Bautista, perhaps best known for playing Drax the Destroyer in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.