This week on The CultCast: According to a new report, Apple is prepping a new super-charged gaming Mac for WWDC! We discuss… Plus: full-screen TouchID will be replacing FaceID in a notch-less 2020 iPhone, at least according to a new rumor.
Our thanks to Linked In for supporting this episode. A business is only as strong as its people, and every hire matters… head to LinkedIn.com/cultcast and get a $50 credit toward your first job post.
#421 – Apple preps a super-charged GAMING Mac!
On the show this week
This week’s stories
- Apple could deliver a flagship iPhone without a notch in 2020, according to a new report.
- The device is expected to feature a new Touch ID fingerprint scanner integrated into its display — rather than Face ID. Its front-facing camera will also be hidden away behind its screen.
- Analysts at Credit Swiss believe Apple will release a high-end iPhone with Touch ID embedded within its screen in 2020. The technology will replace Face ID, allowing Apple to do away with the handset’s notch.
- Apple is reportedly working on a new “gaming-focused” Mac that it will unveil at WWDC, a sketchy new rumor claims.
- This machine would cost up to $5,000 and be a Mac rival to gaming PCs. It would take aim at the fast growing “e-sports” market, which Apple has not previously catered to. Could such a machine turn Apple into a gaming powerhouse?
- For my job at Cult of Mac, I test a lot of apps. But of course, I also use a lot of apps, for work, for recreation, and for making music. I thought I’d make a short list of my most-used apps this year.
Our favorite apps of 2019!
- Beat maker 3 for iPad
- Launch Bar
- Just press record
- Brave Browser
- Ulysses writing app
- Darkroom photo editing for iPad
- Focos photo editing app
- Alfred 4