This week on The CultCast: AirPod Pros! You want them, we got them. We’ll tell you what’s new, what’s good, what’s not, and how they compare to the regular AirPods. We’ve got lots to say…. Plus: The first Apple TV+ reviews are trickling in, and, well … they’re not great.
Our thanks to Belkin for supporting this episode. Belkin cables are built to last and supported with a five-year warranty. If you’re tired of broken, burned-out cables, switch to Belkin, and save 30% off your order with code CultCast at checkout.
The CultCast Episode #412
AirPod Pros — a whole lot to like!
On the show this week
This week’s stories
- Apple has unleashed AirPods Pro with an all-new design and active noise cancellation, but are they worth the premium price tag?
- The first Apple TV+ reviews are out — and, broadly speaking, they’re not great. Critics generally slammed the marquee shows on the Apple TV+ slate. Anyone wanting to pull together a movie poster with positive pull-quotes would need to do some serious wading through bile to emerge with choice excerpts.
- For example, The Morning Show — Apple’s pricey, A-list newsroom drama — got slammed in one review as a “painful belly flop.”
- The Telegraph, meanwhile, slams See, Apple’s answer to Game of Thrones, as “likely to collapse under the weight of its own self-importance.” TVLine describes a “largely incoherent story” filled with “goofy confidence.”
- Variety writer Daniel D’Addario had this to say:
- “None of the shows, to my eye, are truly successful because each feels in its own way curated to death, overworked with an eye on transmitting quality rather than actually allowing it to spontaneously happen.”