This week on The CultCast: Apple’s working on something BIG, and their massive increase in R&D spending proves it. Plus: we discuss all the surprises Apple unveiled in their recent earnings report, and it was another record breaker. And if you think your conversations with Siri are private, think again! Apple’s been caught reviewing your most personal sound bytes. And a new Moviepass competitor has emerged with a very interesting offer, but is it worth the price? All that and more!
Our thanks to Squarespace for supporting this episode. Easily create a beautiful website all by yourself, at Squarespace.com/cultcast. Use offer code CultCast at checkout to get 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain..
#399 – Apple’s working on something BIG…
On the show this week
This week’s stories
- iPhone is no longer king
- Mac Pro could make an American comeback
- Apple Card is coming in August
- R&D is at an all-time high
- Apple contractors regularly hear confidential medical information, drug deals, and recordings of couples having sex, as part of their job providing quality control, or “grading”, the company’s Siri voice assistant, the Guardian has learned.
- The plan comes in three tiers: Regal Unlimited for $18 a month for unlimited movies at more than 200 theaters; Regal Unlimited Plus for $21 a month for unlimited movies at more than 400 theaters; and Regal Unlimited All Access for $23.50 a month for unlimited movies at any Regal theater.