It’s been impossible to get the Lightning earbuds that come with the iPhone XS, XS Max or XR to work on the USB-C ports of the new MacBook and MacBook Pro. Luckily, Anker is out here doing God’s work and has finally come up with a solutions: another dongle.
Anker revealed its newest adapter this week that offers USB-C to Lightning audio. It’s nearly as tiny as the Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter Apple used to bundle with iPhones, but it’ll cost you $20 more.
The USB-C to Lightning adapter is made only for audio. It’s Apple MFi certified and works on Mac or Windows 10 PCs. The company’s product page says it provides full digital 48KHz/24-bit lossless audio transmission.
This is the first adapter we’ve seen of its kind. You’ll even still be able to use the inline microphone and buttons on the mic. It appears that the dongle is only for Lightning headphones. It’s not a charging adapter and may not work with a Lightning microphone accessory. You can grab one today for $29.99.
Anker says the USB-C to Lightning adapter works with the following Lightning headphones:
– Apple EarPods with Lightning connector
– Beats urBeats3 with Lightning connector
– Apogee Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset, including binaural recording！
– Audeze iSINE LX, LCDi4, iSINE20, iSINE10, SINE, and EL-8 Titanium
– Pioneer Rayz, Rayz Plus, Rally
– Radius HP-NEL21, HP-NEL31, HC-M100L, and HP-NHL21