The first big update for OS X El Capitan has been released to the public today after months of beta testing of its new features and improvements.
OS X 10.11.1 brings more than 150 new emoji characters to the Mac, along with improved compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016, better VoiceOver reliability and numerous other bug fixes. The update can be now loaded through the Mac App Store or via the Software Update option in the Apple menu.
Here’s a full list of the improvements:
– Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
– Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
– Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
– Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
– Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plugins from functioning properly
– Improves VoiceOver reliability
– Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support