If you’ve got an iPhone or an iPad, there are a fair number of apps you can download for free: Pages, Numbers, iMovie, GarageBand and so on.
But did you know there’s a secret cache of Apple apps that no one but Geniuses can download? There is, and they range from a basic flight sim game to a tank battler to an internal newspaper only Apple employees can read!
Over at BusinessInsider, they’ve put together a rundown of all the apps that only Apple employees get to use. They include:
• AppleConnect, an employee-only service that lets Apple employees sign into other apps and services.
• The Daily Download, a newspaper for Apple employees that’s filled with the latest company news.
• GKTank, an app built to demonstrate the abilities of the GameKit dev tool.
• Inferno, an app that runs an iPhone’s hardware through a series of checks, shutting down if the internals reach a critical temperature.
• MobileGenius, which allows Apple employees to check customer info and log tests on broken devices.
• MobileRadar, Apple’s internal bug tracker.
• Operator, the dashboard for testing the component and sensors in iPhones, iPods and iPads.
• Receipts, Apple’s in-house expensing app.
• Redzone Mobile, used by Apple Store managers to compare their performance with other retail locations and previous years.
• Switchboard, the employee-only App Store.
• TouchFighter, an experimental game developed by Apple employees to test the iPhone accelerometer.
• Unibox, an app that sends notifications from Apple to employees’ phones, and also serves as a corporate voicemail client.
Do any of these apps seem like ones you’d like to use? Let us know in the comments.