Spotify has issued an update to its hugely popular iPhone app that introduces the ability to stream music at an “extreme” 320kbps — the same quality Spotify Premium members enjoy from the Spotify applications for Mac and Windows.
Not all tracks are available at 320kbps unfortunately, and you’ll need to remember that those that are will take up more of your data allowance than a 128kbps track. Not only will this impact you if you’re on a capped data tariff, but it may also mean your tracks take a little longer to buffer.
Additionally, version 0.4.23 of the Spotify app introduces “one-tap log in” for Facebook to make it quicker and easier for users to share tracks with their friends on the social network. Other Spotify features include:
- Instant access to over 15 million tracks
- Stream online
- Listen offline – no mobile connection needed
- Share music with your friends
- Star your favorite tracks
- Wirelessly sync your own MP3s to your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
- Create and sync playlists
- Send the tracks you listen to direct to Last.fm & Facebook
To enjoy the Spotify mobile app on your iPhone, you’ll need to be a Spotify Premium subscriber paying $10 per month. If you’re a new user, however, you can enjoy a 48-hour trial.
[via App Advice]