This is turning out to be a gamer’s Christmas on the Mac App Store. Following yesterday’s surprise release of Limbo for Mac, Firemint’s beloved Real Racing 2 has also arrived on OS X, with all of the best features of the iOS version, including a 16 car grid, Quick Race and Career modes, 15 racing tracks and over 30 officially licensed cars including the 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500, 2010 Nissan GT-R (R35), 2012 McLaren MP4-12C and more. In our eyes, though, the killer feature is the ability to steer your car using your iPhone or iPad. Get Real Racing 2 here.
Daily round-ups or a weekly refresher, straight from Cult of Mac to your inbox.
The week's best Apple news, reviews and how-tos from Cult of Mac, every Saturday morning. Our readers say: "Thank you guys for always posting cool stuff" -- Vaughn Nevins. "Very informative" -- Kenly Xavier.
Popular This Week
- The 50 best iOS 17 features you should try after you update
- Best cases you can buy today for iPhone 15
- watchOS 10 lands on your Apple Watch today with these new features
- What do the Apple Watch buttons do? Click, double-click and hold.
- Warning: Update iPhone 15 to iOS 17.0.2 before transferring data
- Bring new life to an old Intel-based iMac or Mac mini [Setups]
- iPhone 14 Pro trounces trashed iPhone 15 Pro in first drop test
- Making the endlessly inventive Snoopy watch face for Apple Watch
- Don’t miss the best new features in iPadOS 17
- iPhone 15 Pro/Max review roundup: In high demand for a reason