The Booqpad Agenda iPad 2 case from Booq is the perfect mix of past and future. It brings the futuristic technology of the iPad 2 and the old technology of pen and paper together making this the best iPad 2 case yet for note takers. It accomplishes all this in a package that is ready for the executive boardroom and beyond.
The Booqpad is a folio style case that is available in four styles. First, there are two models made from 100% recycled PET that come in Gray-Green and Sand-Plum colors that retail for $49.95. Second, one model made from a genuine Nappa leather exterior comes in Coffee-Cream and retails for $99.95. Finally, the last model the one that I am reviewing comes in black leatherette and grey and it retails for $49.95.
The case is symmetrically designed so it can be configured between right or left-handed orientation and on one side the Booqpad has room for your iPad 2 and on the other side you have room for a paper tablet, business cards, credit cards, pens, pencils, touch screen stylus, etc. If you like you can purchase a variety of paper refills in various designs and colors for $9.99 for a 3-pack of 150 sheets per pad. It ships with a blank 50-sheet A5 notepad. Although I did not try it looks to me that you could use your own paper without much difficulty. If you can find notepads that fit.
A cursory look at Amazon and Office Depot online had mixed inconclusive results. I’ve reached out to Booq for a better answer and they told me “The Booqpad can work with other notepads; it just depends on how they’re made. I would suggest taking your Booqpad (if you own one) to Staples or Office Depot and testing it out. ”
- The Booqpad has a good look and feel to it. Very professional in appearance and it felt solid and sturdy.
- The iPad 2 fit snuggly inside and I doubt that it could escape the Booqpad’s grip so as a result it should not fall out of the case.
- The snap and strap holding the Booqpad Agenda shut closed with a solid reassuring snapping sound.
- It’s a mix of old and new for people who like technology, but enjoy putting pen to paper to take notes.
- It works in both right and left-handed configurations.
- The Booqpad Agenda does not allow you to use the iPad 2 camera. If you want to use the camera you’ll have to remove the iPad 2 from the case.
- The combination of case, tablet, iPad 2, and writing accessories was a bit bulky and a little bit heavy, but not terribly so.
The Booqpad Agenda for the iPad 2 is the best blend of old and new technology in an iPad 2 case that I’ve found yet. It is sturdy and well made. It will look and function well in a variety of environments: home, school, or the executive boardroom at work and just about anything in between. Highly recommended for anyone interested in a professional looking iPad 2 case that they will want to take to work or a job interview.