Ultrakam is a video-shooting app that uses more of the iPhone’s pixels than the stock camera app to capture something like 2K video from the iPhone 5, 5S and compatible iPads. Yup, 2K video on your iPhone, and a lot more besides.
Here are the video details:
- 2K (1936×1446) with M-JPEG codec at 20,24,30fps.
- 2K (2240×1672) with H.264 iFrame codec at 20,24,30fps.
- Up to 50MB/s video stream .
- Record full frames in M-JPEG at 100% quality.
- Capture all the color range at 4:2:0 Full range
- 2CH Linear PCM Audio 44.1K in .CAF format
This power doesn’t come cheap though. There’s a reason Apple chose the video resolution it did. Ultrakam’s top-quality footage gobbles 3GB storage for every minute shot.
There’s more. You can shoot time lapses, you can remote-control the app via Bluetooth using another iOS device, you can shoot 120fps slow-motion and you can manually adjust white balance, exposure and other settings.
And amazingly, it costs just $7. Compare that to buying a 2K-ready camera and see how it stacks up. Ultrakam is available now.