The new Mac Pro is finally here, and considering the fact that it looks exactly like a trash can, what better way to celebrate its release than to replace your Mac’s current trash icon with Apple’s stealthy, space-age new super computer?
Created by video game developer Jonathan Hirz, the Mac Pro Trash icon’s pretty easy to install. Just do this:
1) Download the icon here
2) Navigate to Machintosh HD > System > Library > CoreServices > Dock
3) Right click and “Show Package Contents”
4) Click on Contents > Resources
5) Scroll down to find the files “trashempty.png”, “email@example.com”, etc and back them up. There should be 8.
6) Replace old icons with new ones, and delete the reflections. They aren’t needed.
7) Open Terminal.app and type “killall Dock”.
And voila! You’re now stuffing your Mac’s virtual trash into the top of a $3,000 computer. Enjoy!
Source: Jonathan Hirz