Tiny Tower, Nimble Bit’s effortlessly charming 8-bit tower sim from 2011, has come to a galaxy far, far away with Star Wars: Tiny Death Star, a tongue-in-cheek game set in the Star Wars universe that, for some reason, features characters like Yoda, R2-D2, Jabba the Hutt, and Boba Fett, all living in the Death Star forever. Pretty sure that’s not canon, but who cares? This game is super cute.
Here’s some of what you can expect from Star Wars: Tiny Death Star, courtesy of the app’s release notes:
• BUILD THE LARGEST DEATH STAR AROUND: Earn credits to expand your Death Star, and build over 80 types of Star Wars themed residential and commercial floors like Rebo’s Karaoke and Cloud City Spa!
• HIRE STAR WARS GALACTIC BITIZENS: Attract over 30 unique species including Wookiees and Ewoks, and fulfill their dream jobs! Not everyone on the Death Star wants to be the Empire’s minion; some might just want to work at the local ice cream shop…
• FUEL THE EMPIRE’S EVIL SCHEMES UNDERGROUND: Below the hustle and bustle of the businesses above, build secretive, underground imperial levels to craft special supplies that will aide your Imperial troops in the fight against the Rebels.
• CAPTURE REBEL SPIES: As stealthy as your Death Star development may be, expect break-ins from Rebel spies such as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and more! Capture them before they escape!
• UNLOCK ENTERTAINING STORY MOMENTS: While running your Death Star, keep your eyes peeled for new scenes featuring many of your favorite characters like Han Solo, Chewie, Jabba the Hutt, and more.
Like Tiny Tower, Star Wars: Tiny Death Star is free to play, and makes its money through in-app-purchases. The app can be downloaded now from the iOS App Store.