AOL launched a new iPad app today that gives users access to the company’s wide-variety of content for news, mail, weather and video. The magazine style app is similar to Flipboard in that you can choose from a wide variety of topics to customize your own news stream, except there’s a ton of junk in-between because hey, it’s AOL.
The app is iPad only right now and can be downloaded from the App Store for free.
Here are the full release notes:
Stay in the know with access to up-to-the-minute news, top videos and impactful stories from the editors of AOL.com. Plus, gain quick and easy access to your AOL Mail inbox, now optimized for iPad.
• Discover the latest stories and videos in an engaging news stream format
• Connect and share via AOL Mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Choose the news categories that matter most to you by customizing your stream
• Save articles and videos to read, watch and share at your leisure
• Delight in the featured news stream as it reflects your personal news interests over time
- Source iTunes