After much speculation, the last piece of the iPad mini puzzle has fallen into place, as a complete list of European prices of the iPad mini have leaked to the Internet, confirming that the iPad mini will come in multiple variations and ship with LTE capability.
An internal list of upcoming iPad mini SKUs and prices has been published on a German weblog. This is apparently the complete line-up of iPad minis that we’ll see upon release next month:
- 8GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in Black – $249 / €249
- 8GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in White – $249 / €249
- 16GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in Black – $349 / €349
- 16GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in White – $349 / €349
- 32GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in Black – $449 / €449
- 32GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in White – $449 / €449
- 64GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in Black – $549 / €549
- 64GB iPad mini Wi-Fi in White – $549 / €549
- 32GB iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular in Black – $549 / €549
- 32GB iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular in White- $549 / €549
- 64GB iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular in Black – $649 / €649
- 64GB iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular in White- $649 / €649
This list confirms a lot. Not just the starting price, but the fact that Apple will be shipping the iPad mini with an LTE variation. When the third-gen iPad came out, Apple called it the New iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, until a controversy in Australia over the fact that the new iPad is only truly 4G in America and Canada caused Apple to rechristen it abroad. Previously, Apple had called its mobile-capable iPads the iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, which would seem to indicate the iPad mini will have LTE support, at least in the United States and Canada.
I’m impressed by these prices. They are very competitive with the existing 7-inch tablet competition, and for just $649, you can get a 64GB iPad Mini with LTE for the price of the 16GB new iPad. If you prefer or don’t mind a smaller screen size, that’s quite the deal. What do you think?
The iPad mini looks set to be announced on October 23rd, and will likely ship in November.
- Source Flo’s Weblog